We are recruiting for an Environmental Scientist. This role will be predominantly office-based coordinating with the on-site project teams, contractors and authorities and ensuring excellent communication throughout. This is a challenging and broad role involving team work, technical writing, meeting deadlines and targets as well as interpreting data.
- Technical report writing to be delivered to management within tight deadlines.
- Prepare Health & Safety documentation
- Prepare & send samples to accredited laboratories.
- Liaise with contractors on project specifications.
- Interpret scientific data.
- Daily administrative tasks including filing, ordering / liaising with vendors & email communication.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum level 8, or equivalent professional qualification in environmental science or other science disciplines. Postgraduate qualification desirable but not essential
- Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable national and international Environmental, Health and Safety legislation and implementation.
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholder, clients, sub-contractors and authorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office/Excel and Autosketch
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
- Commitment to actively contribute towards the successful delivery of the Company’s business plan and targets with willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Experience of contaminated land investigation, preliminary risk assessment and remediation.
- Effective time management, strong attention to detail, ability to multi task.
- Competitive salary.
- Accommodation and expenses as per the company travel policy.